Replacement Basin Spout (Backnut & Adaptor Kit) [2901.02].
Are you looking to replace your basin spout only?
This replacement basin spout with backnut and adaptor kit will adapt to the existing breech piece in your bathroom basin. It comprises of:
- A straight 1/2″ x 1/2″ spout adaptor plus a 1/2″ x 5/8″ spout adaptor. One of these two will suit your existing breech piece.
- A replacement basin spout in Chrome (We also offer in White and Ivory, let us know in the comments section when ordering if you do not want Chrome).
- A replacement o-ring for your breech piece
- A small roll of teflon tape to seal between the adaptor and the spout
Has your old 5/8″ locknut perished or been lost?
Then simply let us know when ordering this spout kit and we can swap out the 5/8″ spout adaptor for a specially machined out 1/2″ adaptor as mentioned below:
- A 1/2″ spout adaptor which has had it’s internal diamter machined out so as to fit perfectly over a 5/8″ breech, bridging or basin tee piece.
- This now means you can use a 1/2″ inch spout backnut which we will supply to secure your new EZYFIX spout to the basin. Importantly a thicker o-ring is also included in the kit which we recomend you use to replace the existing o-ring on your old breech piece as it is likely to have perished over the years.
This kit therefore eliminates the need to source an old 5/8″ spout backnut which is great news as we have found them near on impossible to source.
This specially machined component screws straight into the base of our EZYFIX basin spouts. See below for full installaion instructions and as always if you have any questions please contact us.
- Apply teflon tape to the shorter end of the threaded adaptor and screw this end into the spout.
- Slide the backnut over your existing nib of your old tapwares breech piece.
- Push the new spout assembly onto the existing nipple, using a small amount of soapy water or cooking oil for lubrication. Finally, tighten the new spout assembly to the sink/basin using the plastic spout fixing nut
- Turn taps on to test that the spout has sealed.
- If the spout leaks then you will need to remove the spout and replace the o-ring on the breech piece nib with the o-ring supplied in this kit.